What is affogato?
You may be familiar with a classic affogato made with an espresso shot and vanilla ice cream. Affogato translates to “drowned” in Italian as the ice cream is essentially drowning in espresso. We used our popular Teahouse Edition Ceremonial Grade Wholesale Matcha to craft this super simple recipe! Shop Teahouse Edition >
- 1 - 1.5 tsp Teahouse Edition Ceremonial Grade Matcha
- 2 ounces hot water (at 160ºF)
- 1-2 scoops of ice cream (we recommend vanilla as it compliments the matcha shot beautifully)
- Sift matcha powder into a chawan (tea bowl). Sifting is an important step to ensure that large clumps are broken down, resulting in a smooth matcha shot. Use a bamboo whisk or electric frother to mix until frothy.
- Scoop ice cream into a bowl or mug. Pour matcha shot over the ice cream and serve!
Want more fun recipes?
We compiled a handy resource with more matcha recipes to experiment with. Download our FREE Barista Handbook >